Last modified: June 7, 2023
Children Under the Age of 18
The Online Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Online Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18 do not use or provide any information on our Online Services or through any of their features, register on the Online Services, make any purchases through the Online Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Online Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as anonymous demographic information and your interests and preferences; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Online Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Online Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Online Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Online Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Online Services or registering a product on the Online Services, subscribing to our products or services, posting messages or material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Online Services and we may collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Online Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Online Services.
- Information regarding your purchased products and services, including readings, reports, and location of usage.
- Your search queries on the Online Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Websites, such as our blog posts, or transmitted to other users of the Websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information or other sensitive data in your User Contributions, this information may be collected and used by others. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Online Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Online Services, including domain names, access times, referring website addresses, traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Online Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device that you choose to share with the Applications. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve and maintain the quality of our Online Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Online Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Online Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Online Services and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- If applicable, to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our products and services.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Online Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To provide you with news and general promotional information about products, services and events, if you have opted-in to receive such information.
- To conduct surveys and research about your opinion of current offerings or of potential new products or services that may be offered.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our products, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our products and services.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by or on behalf of us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and our external business partners’ products and services that may be of interest to you, provided that you have opted-in to receive such communications. In those cases, your personal information (e.g., e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the external business partner.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are obligated to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we may disclose personal information with business partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by or on behalf of us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. For example, we may disclose your personal information to an insurance company in connection with an insurance claim.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location Information.You can choose whether or not to allow the Applications to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Applications may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you no longer want to have your contact information used by us to promote our own or external business partners’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click “unsubscribe” within the promotional email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Online Services and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Note, however, that we cannot entirely delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Security of your Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Online Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Online Services, like the blog on the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Online Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Online Services.
Information Received From Third Parties
If you choose to connect your account on our services to your account on another service, we may receive information from the other service. You may also choose to grant us access to your data from another service. You can stop sharing the information from the other service with us by removing our access to that other service.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about any third party’s policies or procedures, you should contact the responsible provider directly.